2.0
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Bought four 65,000 mile tires x 118 per tire, plus 86 for installation out the door. Front two tires made it to 10,000 miles in 10 months, i.e. about 1000 miles per month, before they had to be replaced. I did miss one rotation and of course they used that to lay this at my feet. I said yes but the literature online says they should be rotated at about 7500 miles but okay, that still should not result in on 16% of the recommended tire warranty.

Since I missed the rotation, they had me so I had to focus on getting as much as I could for replacement value. They said the tire had gone up in price so any negotiation would start from that number, not what I paid. They worked the numbers hard, clickety-clack, clikety-clack on the keyboard until they, beaming with a great anticipated customer satisfaction rating, said I could have two new tires for 117 each. I said, "but hey, thats only a dollar off what I originally paid!" I asked again if they understood that the tires only got 16% of the warranty number. Again, I missed that one rotation, so it was my fault. got a manager, same thing, only with more arrogance that "how could I possibly disagree with the "best they could do" since I missed that one rotation.

I worked on them for another 40 minutes and got them down another $9 per tire, with every dollar of reduction accompanied by a verification that I was most definitely the one to blame for missing that tire rotation.

Two pieces of advice from this transaction: 1) Don't miss the tire rotation and, 2) Don't go to Discount Tire. I will be following my own advice going forward.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: First visit, Free rotate and balance with purchase.

I didn't like: Second visit and used car dealer attitude, Service and being lied to.

Comments