3.8
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

So according to the fine print in the dubious Discount Tire Rebate Cards issued by MetaBank you can use the card at any retailer that accepts MasterCard, BUT and here's the total BS - you only get to spend 80 cents on the dollar if you attempt to use it at anywhere remotely service-orientated - restaurant, hairdresser, etc.

I gave a new $100 card to my wife to get her nails done and the card was rejected. Upon calling I was informed that only $79 and some change could be charged as the card reserved the rest for gratuity. Anyone who has been to a nail place knows that the girls want cash tips. Besides, who tips 20+% on everything? Surely that should be up to the individual not the bank issuing the card! I'm sure its a scam knowing that folks will leave value on the card when it expires after its very short life span!

Did the VP of Marketing at Discount Tires actually read the terms of the issuing bank the company employed to administer its rebates? Or does Discount Tires simply not give a *** about its reputation I wonder?

I ended up emptying the card at a retail store instead where $100 = $100, not $79!

Product or Service Mentioned: Discount Tire Rebate.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Issue sale pricing discounts at time of purchase not via some scam of a rebate card that may or may not show up, is then purposely valid for a vaery short period and has redcicuous terms of use from a tirtiary card issuer..

I liked: Quality products at reasonable prices.

I didn't like: Special pricing rebate card scam.

Comments