Went into Discount Tire on Palm Bay Road, West Melbourne, FL. I drive a Ford Excursion. This is NOT a SUV: it's a truck; IT'S A TRUCK....ONE MORE TIME: IT'S A T-R-U-C-K. It's built on an F250 Frame.

Told the service guy that I towed HEAVY TRAILERS--a lot. Needed two rear tires. I had on it LT265-75-R16

What does he put on my truck???? PASSENGER TIRES. What does the truck call for? Light Truck tires at the MINIMUM !! ARGH

At what time does my tires pop when I start pulling the 32 ft trailer w/ a tongue weight of 2500 lbs...or my three horse trailer with dressing room? What a mess this would be !

WHAT IS WITH THAT?

Wasted my time, gas, etc.

Had an Experience with Discount Tire?

Comments

actually you can use passenger tires on a LT load if application and load rating apply right even when towing. although its not for long term use. but it is discount tires bad for installing non LT tires if you bought them.

to the dude Palm Bay, Florida, United States #786857

I will try this again; I use my truck for * towing * only.

LT tires will NOT do.

Not safe with the loads that I haul.

And Dude: To say that it's ok, but not for long term use, just shows that you didn't listen either.

I HAVE A TRUCK, ITS USED FOR TOWING.T-O-W-I-N-G :(

I had visited them yesterday, with my Ford Excursion. (complaint sent yesterday to your office) Inadvertently the incorrect tires were put on my truck. I received fast courteous service on that visit, but didn't *I* didn't notice that the wrong tires were put on (the work order was right). I noticed later that evening. I was on their doorstep at 8:00 am; Bryan the manager was there to assist me. He was courteous, even though I was quite mad. They recognized the error, apologized emphatically. They fixed the problem, even putting a better tire that I had previously purchased on the truck. I was treated with respect all through out the transaction.

To have the problem fixed; better tires put on with no charge, and to be treated with respect gives this store a 5 star rating in my book ! I will go back, and will recommend the store to others.

Glenda Stephenson

FOLLOW UP ON THIS COMLAINT: I want to express my surprise, pleasure and gratitude to the West Melbourne Store, located on Norfold Pkway, West Melbourne, FL.