2.5

Update by user Nov 25, 2015

All they did was flip the tire. That's it. SO PISSED.

Original review posted by user Nov 25, 2015

I take all 4 of my vehicles to the Washington St location of Discount Tire here in Indianapolis.I work on my own car, I drive a 2003 Acura TL Type S, I'm a woman, and yes I know my car.

I just changed out my rotors, brakes, and my calipers and I noticed that my rear right tire was mounted inside out. Today was the first time that I was able to get to DT to show them their mistake. I rotate my tires regularly, I make sure that they are inflated to the correct pressure. The man who helped me, John, was very condescending when I explained why I was there.

He told me that " it didn't matter if it was inside out". It's a directional tire!! OF COURSE IT MATTERS. I checked out my entire tire when I had them off the car and I noticed that it was wearing incorrectly and was flat in one spot.

This car does not sit. I drive a minimum of 60 miles a day. When he came back after checking out my car, he confirmed that it was on inside out. Duh.

That it was not wearing "incorrectly" but that it was off by 1/32 in tread. He suggested that he will have the tire remounted correctly. Hold on. They made a mistake.

They should fix this mistake by replacing the tire and I should not pay a dime. And the tire IS flat in one spot causing a "cupping" effect on it.

I'm sitting here at DT writing this.I should have more in about an hour.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Discount Tire and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Discount Tire.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Discount Tire to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Discount Tire?

Comments