4.3K views

1.- Manager on duty on store TXH 36 Mr Miles was discourteous in manner and action, offensive, sudden and unpleasant.

2.- My tires worn out in less than two years and less than 30,000 miles.

Discount Tire refused to honor the 60,000 miles mileage warranty on my set of tires I bought little less than 2 years ago.

They state these tires do not have mileage warranty but Discount Tire Web Pages show 60,000 miles warranty for my current tires(Fisk Classic 185/65R-14)here in Texas...Yes it is crazy: they offer different mileage warranty for the same tire, for example here in Texas they offer 60,000 miles mileage warranty but in Georgia they offer 50,000 miles mileage warranty for the exact same tire.

I use to trust in Discount Tire but not anymore: they suggested me to buy these "Fisk" tires with 60,000 miles warranty for my brand new car and these are the worse tires I ever had and on top of it Discount Tire don't honor their warranty.

Had an Experience with Discount Tire?

Comments

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1019697

Some shops are great and others are not so great.

The Manufacture tire mileage warranty is about as good as Mattress warranties.

They only cover a Car that is operated in perfect alignment and where the tires have been rotated properly.

If you own a light weight car chances are your tires will last longer and you won't have as many issue that a heavier car has.

Front wheel drive cars based on design wear on the edges of the tires during cornering.

The tire shop however will blame any edge wear on improper alignment or inflation. This was mostly true with the older rear wheel drive cars of the past. On todays front wheel drive cars the edge of the tire will wear faster than the rest even with proper alignment and inflation. Hard or sharp cornering will cause it to ware faster than driving like a senior citizen.

All tire shops pretty much play the same game.

In their defense the tire manufacture won't give them credit for tires worn unevenly as they always blame it on in proper inflation or alignment.The tire shop would have to eat the cost themselves if they honored the mileage warranty.

Houston, Texas, United States #710706

I'm glad you have had no problems at all with "Discount Tire" not discount tires.

Good for you better for "Discount Tire".

Actually we all do not care about what you think, you are a *** and we all respect you like ***.

We all are talking about facts no for what we are thinking.

to Julio***s Yonkers, New York, United States #918292

I'm working on a story right now about tires that wear out well before the mileage warranty. I would love to talk to you about your situation. Sue LaColla slacolla@consumer.org

Carmel, Indiana, United States #709066

i have had no problems at all with discount tires i think you are all making it up and work for the competition and the fisk classic tires are a steal they are made by bf goodrich

Getting the run around?By Managers?

Playing games saying waiting to hear from Falcon tires, and then saying come in they need to check tires for the air? My tires worn down at 20K. They are saying they do not replace? Come on.

20K?

Give me a break!"HAS ANYONE FILED A LAW SUIT?"

OCT 2012 I HAVE ONLY 20K miles.They wore down.

They are saying they are not responsible. Not looking to honor or replace. Its only 20K miles.

They are really rip off....THIS IS THE STORE OFF ALICIA PARKWAY IN SO.CAL Near 5 FWY

It's a great scam.DT here won't ever rotate my tires anymore, even when all 4 are almost new.

Their 'policy' is the best tires ALWAYS ahve to be on the rear. Win for DT, so they don't have to perform non-revenue related services, a loss for you, as you can buy 2 new tires up front annually. They can even now rip you off on the tire warranty since they weren't rotated properly.

I've been a DT customer for 20 years on 4 vehicles, but I'm angry and will find another supplier.This is a scam.

to Craig in Seabrook. Perry, Michigan, United States #639234

I have found the exact same experience here in Michigan.Been a DT customer for 20 years, always had tired rotated, but in the last year DT won't rotate them - it is a scam.

I am going someplace else, but the tires I have to replace are only 2 years old.:(

#520715

Yall believe yall know more than the guys that work at discount tire... a pro-rated warranty, a certificate for free replacement, and a manufacture milage warranty are three totally seperate things.

Thats whats wrong with consumer these days that do not read and understand what they are buting before they make a purchase.

Discount Tire\'s 3-Year, 50,000 mile warranty is false and they\'re tires are very poor quality.My steering wheel started vibrating at highway speed so I brought my car into Discount Tire for a tire check on 6/23/12.

Rep looked at my tires and said my tires were worn because of my tire alignment, therefore they are not responsible and my warranty automatically is cut in half (to 25,000 miles). How convenient since these tires had a little over 27,000 miles on them. Alignment is something which is adjusted and corrected by a very sophisticated machine using lasers, not by eyeballing. These tires were purchased brand new in 2009 with 3-year 50,000 mile FREE REPLACEMENT warranty.

I saved my original invoice and read it completely and NO WHERE in they\'re written warranty does it state that alignment issues cut your warranty in half. I paid an extra $22.00 for the FREE REPLACEMENT CERTIFICATE for both tires. These tires were purchased, mounted, installed and balanced by Discount Tire and at NO TIME did they state or imply that my car had any alignment issue or that such and issue would decrease my mileage warranty. This is simply a loophole/ add on they use to cheat customers out of warranty fulfillment.

Discount Tire reps talked down to me by saying \"Everyone Knows this\" and \"If you know to change your oil then you should know to maintain your alignment.\" Sorry but I am not an automotive technician. I have common sense and would not spend $100 for...

THIS SHOULD TELL YOU THAT DISCOUNT TIRE IS FULL OF IT. They even tried accusing me of not rotating my tires and again said \"Everyone knows this\" \"This is common Knowledge.\" NO IT\'S NOT COMMON KNOWLEDGE TO EVERYONE AND THEY KNOW THAT THEY CAN USE THIS EXCUSE TO CHEAT CUSTOMERS OUT OF THEY\'RE WARRANTY. They tried to offer me 2 new tires for nearly the same price I paid for these. I simply replied \"Why on Earth would I buy anything else from you?\" Rep even had the nerve to then offer me another extended warranty ($25.00) if I buy 2 new tires as well.

I can\'t help agree with George.Discount Tire is a complete joke.