233 views
2.0

I bought a set of tires from this organization online. I was forced to buy a TPMS build kit in order to get the warranty and I went to the Discount Tire location in order to have the tires mounted and balanced.

My husband marked the valves to make they were switched since we were charged $25 for the TPMS kit. When I picked up the car, everything looked fine as I saw all the tops were new and I assumed they had switched the valves. My husband checked later and found the valves had not been changed. I took the car back and asked them to replace them.

One of the employees tried to

argue so I told him my husband had marked them so we knew he was lying. The manager, Jamie Gattys, walked away when I tried to approach him.

Don't do business with Discount Tire in Cedar Hill, Texas. They are nothing but thieves.

Product or Service Mentioned: Discount Tire Car Repair.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Discount Tire Pros: Ordering online, Delivery.

Discount Tire Cons: Employee attitude, Long wait, Being scammed on tpms because they thought no one would notice.

Location: Cedar Hill, Texas

Comments

So some tpms sensors get screwed into the valve which means in those rebuild kits the valve and screw are replaced, however the majority of tpms sensors (especially newer cars) are made as one piece including the valve...so these rebuild kits consist of new rubber and metal washer things which create the seal around the sensor/valve and hold it in place...the valve itself wouldn't get changed out unless you were getting a whole new sensor not a rebuild kit....so the question is which one did you have?

Discount Tire Reviews