Killeen, Texas

Discount Tire located in Harker Heights, TX.I brought 4 new rimes and tires in Oct of 2010.

3 out of 4 tires belts where broken. 1.First, Discount tried to blame me,I lowered the car and having all-wheel drive. 2. Absolutely wouldn't take any tires off and argued with me for hours.

3. Tried to make me pay for new tire and keep in mind that my car is a new Audi a5. 4. I am currently in the U.S.

Army.Keep in mind this took place on Veterans Day of all days what a shame.

Review about: Tires.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Discount Tire?

Comments

maxi3000

35, MY car is NOT LOWERED.I do know about camber wear, offsets ect.

I dont have a Nissan *** ***. I know I have a nice car don't need you tell me this. I am not a TIRE expert, but my high ASVAB score makes me one.3 times I have been in Iraq to defend this Nation for *** like you. WHAT THE *** HAVE YOU DONE BESIDE COMMENT ON THIS TIRE MATTER.

It seems to me that you are a WEAK MAN OR WOMAN who hasn't done ***. I didn't expect to be treated special I just said it happen on Veterans Day.

MY BALLS ARE *** BIG, IF IT WASNT FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME YOU WOULDNT EVEN HAVE YOUR FREEDOM ***.I KNOW WHEN I SEE A WEAK AS PERSON AND YOU ARE ONE.DONT NEVER SPEAK BAD ABOUT SOMEONE WHO DEFEND THIS NATION...

Look Maxi you posted you lowered the vehicle.Do you know anything about camber wear?

Vettes, Porche, Especially BMW, use this setup. It comes from the factory with negative camber so when you go into corners the tire doesnt give up as much contact area as your grandmas crown vic. Also all wheel drives have the toe in, toe out set different than regular fwd or rwd drive vehicles. For more info on this see the problems owners had with the new 350z/infiniti G35 when it first hit the streets.

you bought a nice car built to handle and drive hard. you are going to have some sacrifices. Again another uneducated tire expert *** about something he know exactly JACK SH*T about. So your ASVAB score qualified you for an 02B MOS ( oh wait, you don't really need to qualify for that).

And second SHAME on you to expect on Veterans that you would receive special treatment your as bad as the cop that eats at the same place because they comp meals for L.E. Get a pair of balls and deal with your car problems and quit blaming others.

You bought it.Cant believe our nation is depending on a baby like you.

Maxi3000

Mr.Welcome to Audi, I don't really think you know what your talking about nor have you read my comments.I am a Veteran also and I dont expect to be treated differently than any other person.

However, I do expect to be treated fairly.If I paid for a warranty I shouldn't have to aruge with anyone at Discount, instead they tried their hardest to blame me for the tires..you must of lowered the car, its your allwheel drive...etc..As far as the tires go the belts where showing on 1 tire and 2 other tire's belts where broken...so explain this if I haven't modified my car at all and had the tires on my car for barely 1 year...I have owned several sport cars, and never had this happen..

Welcome to Audi!!

Audi has a sport tuned suspension, just like corvette's, BMW, Mercedes ETC.you are attacking the AVP for saying your car is lowered.

Well in your comment you make it appear that your car is lowered. Why dont you post pics of all three tires, I am sure they are all edge worn and coming apart just like my tires do after 10,000 to 15,000 miles.

If you want long lasting tires buy a cobalt.I am a Veteran and I really dont think "or expect" to be treated better than the next American on Veterans day.

maxi3000

DISCOUNT TIRE VP, I am absolutely ashmed that you would even make a statement like this.1 my new, I say again, my NEW AUDI A5 has never been Altered in any way at all.There is no bad ALIGNMENT OR WORN SUSPENSION PARTS.

2. 3 OUT OF 4 TIRES BELTS WHERE BROKEN. 4. I paid for the warranty with Discount, so why in the *** would I have to ARGUE with anyone to FIX this problem with the tires.

5. After having the tires on my car for 13 months the belts should of never broke.

Mr.17 years experinece please explain this?

DISCOUNTTIREAVP

LOOKING AT THE PICTURE AND READING THE CUSTOMERS STATEMENTS, ALONG WITH BEING IN THE TIRE BUSINESS FOR 17 YEARS, I CAN SEE THAT WITH THE VEHICLES LOWERING, ETC.... ALONG WITH OBVIOUSLY HAVING SOME ABNORMAL WEAR ISSUES DUE TO BAD ALIGNMENT OR W0RN SUSPENSION PARTS THAT A TIRE DOES NOT DO THIS UNLESS THE VEHICLE MAKES IT, SO DTC WAS CORRECT.