Discount Tire - Near death experience

Discount tire in Lubbuck, TX put new tires and wheels on my car.While driving 65 mph to Houston, TX the tire and wheel feel off.

My friend and I were in the car, we pulled to the side of the highway. I was one mile from Discount Tire in Conroe, TX. I had at my expense the car towed. After all DT areas coordinated the fiasco, the issue ended up at Corporate.

They are antagonistic and careless. We are 39 days into this. I have proved their fault. My daughter lost her job in Lubbock as she couldn't get back, they took so long.

I have had to pay for rental cars. The car still needs body work and paint. The struts broke as a result of the pressure from the tire falling off at a high rate of speed. Yet, corporate will pay for the broken one and not the bent.

Think of it this way, you break your left leg your right leg now has to carry extra weight. That is a concept they can't get. The business fixing it stated there is no other way that this could have happened. I would think a business would be really happy no one died and fix the vehicle.

Five vehicles all locations over 10 years, a loyal customer and this is the treatment we get. I even let go of the fact they put the wrong tires on the wrong side of my Cadillac CTS in Heights, Houston. You could visibly see the car off balance. That store manager apologized and fixed it.This is inexcusable.

All I ever wanted was a timely repair without being insulted and antagonized. Trying to go above the smart *** employee got no where. I have now hired an attorney who amicably tried to make us whole and get us back on the road and they are dragging their feet with him. DO THE RIGHT THING !

I hope this never happens to their daughter as perhaps they will see the error of their ways. Handling this should not be a full time job or cost me $.

I didn't put the wheels and tires on.Receipt available.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Local offices trying to help
    • Friendly manager lubbuck tx
  • What I disliked
    • Corporate handling of major issue
    • Lack of care responsibility or concern

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Service Centers and Repairs
review #896683 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Discount Tire? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.