Update added by user Nov 25, 2015
All they did was flip the tire. That's it. SO PISSED.
Original review posted by user Nov 25, 2015
I take all 4 of my vehicles to the Washington St location of Discount Tire here in Indianapolis.I work on my own car, I drive a 2003 Acura TL Type S, I'm a woman, and yes I know my car.
I just changed out my rotors, brakes, and my calipers and I noticed that my rear right tire was mounted inside out. Today was the first time that I was able to get to DT to show them their mistake. I rotate my tires regularly, I make sure that they are inflated to the correct pressure. The man who helped me, John, was very condescending when I explained why I was there.
He told me that " it didn't matter if it was inside out". It's a directional tire!! OF COURSE IT MATTERS. I checked out my entire tire when I had them off the car and I noticed that it was wearing incorrectly and was flat in one spot.
This car does not sit. I drive a minimum of 60 miles a day. When he came back after checking out my car, he confirmed that it was on inside out. Duh.
That it was not wearing "incorrectly" but that it was off by 1/32 in tread. He suggested that he will have the tire remounted correctly. Hold on. They made a mistake.
They should fix this mistake by replacing the tire and I should not pay a dime. And the tire IS flat in one spot causing a "cupping" effect on it.
I'm sitting here at DT writing this.I should have more in about an hour.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Cooper Tires
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "I usually don't write many reviews but I thought that my poor experience yesterday at Ziebart in Henrietta was worth writing about. I first became acquainted with Ziebart when I..."
- "I went into smartstyle to get my hair colored and highlighted. I asked for a heavy blond highlight with hint of a reddish color. My hair has been done 4..."
- "2006 Chrysler Pacifica Engine frame riding out not Chrysler's problem..."
- "Sent flowers for my life long friend's fathers funeral and I was totally embarrassed by what was sent. The flowers received looked like something I would send to my Mom..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "I purchased a reload it card last week. I received the message that the site needed more time to process my card... Ok, so I waited. Then for..."