2.6
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Apr 21

The update is that, after a disingenuous initial letter expressing concern, Yokohama's representative "investigated" the tire failure, decided it was typical of their products and, therefore, not under warranty. There is no real upside to this story, unless you assume losing $800 on mediocre, unreliable tires to an organization that makes a lot of noise about being dependable but is no better than a filling station in the middle of nowhere to be a good lesson.

Original review posted by user Mar 22

I bought a new set of Yokohama YK-HTX tires for my 2008 Nissan Frontier pickup. The ride is fine, the tires are quiet and provide decent traction.

One tire failed at 750 miles, supposedly the "sidewall" was punctured, but this "sidewall" is conveniently at least 1/2" into the edge tread. I think the tire simply failed from a flawed design or manufacture. Discount Tires charged me $35 for the replacement tire and up-sold me to their $100 "purchase protection," because Discount Tires' warranty is pretty much non-existent without it.

I would never buy this brand of tire again and will never buy another tire from Discount Tires. I bought the tires on the advice of other Frontier owners who, clearly, had better luck with the brand.

So, obviously your mileage may vary. You can't even argue that "you get what you pay for," because the price on these tires was equal to any premium brand of tire that would fit my truck.

Also, the Discount Tire tech who said he would check the pressure on my spare while the truck was on the lift didn't and when I replaced the bad tire I discovered there was 4psi in my spare.

He lost the valve caps on two of my tires. When the new replacement tire was installed and the spare put back in place, the "tech" neglected to put the rubber "shield" back in place over the spare, so I had to take it back down and install the spare correctly in my 30F garage.

Product or Service Mentioned: Yokohama Tire Corporation Tires.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Variety of tires and brands.

I didn't like: Upselling the warranty.

• Tire Repair
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 22.

Comments

1/2" from the edge of tread is not patchable, due to its proximity to the sidewall. pretty standard.